There are times where the perfect road trips and camp-outs are ruined with a “holy” call from nature. We can’t prevent these calls obviously besides not eating or drinking at all but we can definitely ease the solution. All you can do is to get one of the best portable camping toilets.
The good weather’s here! This means that we have already begun to coordinate the agenda of the holidays and all the activities that we will do outdoors, such as going to the beach, parks, camping, the river and many other places, where we enjoy nature as a family. There is no better feeling than to fully immerse ourselves in the holidays and enjoy the outdoors when nature calls us. But there is a small problem. If we stay outdoors, where do the sanitary “business” take place? Well, there are portable toilets that are very easy to use, and they are available for you to take with you wherever you go.
Camping isn’t about having a luxury experience, it’s about enjoying the outdoors, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take some of the comforts of home with you. A portable toilet can simplify your camping experience and also make using the “bathroom” much more comfortable. When you spend time away from the camp or hotel facilities, a portable toilet is a crucial piece. In addition, if you’re traveling with family, seniors, or people who have a physical disability, having one will get you out of a lot of trouble. We have selected 5 of the best portable camping toilet systems so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. If you also want to make sure you have privacy while you do your needs, here’s an idea to close the space.
These portable toilets are quite efficient and cheap and a lot of people use them without ever having any potty problem both in camping and camper situations. You should have a look at a few of them before you make a purchase. We have created a list of the best camping toilets to save you time. Here are some portable toilet reviews.
Quick Comparison Of The Best Portable Camping Toilets
|1||PLAYBERG Portable Travel Toilet for Camping and Hiking||61 Reviews||$67.67 $58.77||View at Amazon|
|2||Camco Portable Travel Toilet-Designed for Camping, RV, Boating and Other Recreational…||832 Reviews||$72.99 $70.53||View at Amazon|
|3||Portable Toilet Camping Porta Potty – 5 Gallon Waste Tank – Durable, Leak Proof, Flushable…||148 Reviews||$69.99||View at Amazon|
|4||Camco Portable Toilet Bucket with Seat and Lid Attachment – Holds 5 Gallons, Lightweight…||144 Reviews||$26.43 $21.96||View at Amazon|
|5||OXO Tot 2-in-1 Go Potty for Travel – Gray||694 Reviews||$19.99||View at Amazon|
Top 5 Reviews Best Portable Camping Toilets
- Measures: 17″ W x 16″ D x 14″ H
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Features integrated toilet paper holder
- Use with 8-gallon toilet waste bags for easy cleanup and no mess
- Removable cover seals in odor
- 5.3 gallon holding tank is detachable; 2.5 gallon flush tank
- Sealing slide valve locks in odors and protects against leakage
- Side latches secure the tank to the toilet
- Bellow type flush and sturdy construction
- Measures 15.5 inch H x 14 inch W x 16 inch; Please note: Total Seat Width is 13 inches; Seat dimensions (inside) are: 8.5 inch W x 9 inch D
- Sturdy personal toilet features a full-sized seat and lid for comfort for adults and kids alike. The compact portable toilet is like having your very own bathrooms for camping; perfect for hunting, fishing, road and boat trips and a multitude of other uses!
- Our outdoor toilet has a 3-gallon freshwater holding tank and 5-gallon waste-water holding tank. A bellows pump attached to the camp toilet allows users up to 50 – 70 flushes before it’s time to refill the freshwater tank!
- The freshwater tank and waste tank disconnect with easy-to-use side latches. Both tanks feature removable caps for trouble-free filling of fresh water and dumping of waste. Handles on each boat toilet tank make transporting this simple.
- A slide valve on the toilet for camping opens for waste and closes tightly containing odors and providing a watertight seal to prevent against leakage. (Tip: Purchase deodorizing tablets for best smell-proof results).
- Made of high-density, easy to clean polyethylene; the heavy duty personal porta potty can withstand the outdoor elements and extensive travel like a champ! Hiking toilet arrives fully assembled; 16.5″ high x 13.5″ wide x 12″ deep; weighs 9.75 lbs
- Five gallon bucket with toilet seat, lid attachment, and three bag liners
- Seat snaps securely onto rim of bucket
- Easy to clean and lightweight
- Easily portable with attached carry handle
- Made of durable, UV-resistant polypropylene
- NOTE: The label on the bucket is Camco’s branding and has the instruction on it, it is not designed to be removed.
- Opens quickly and easily for on-the-go potty emergencies
- Legs fold in for compact storage in cars, strollers or diaper bags
- Legs lock securely for use as a stand-alone potty or on public restroom toilets
- Soft, flexible flaps hold disposable bags securely in place. Small seat sized perfectly for little bottoms
- Additional Refill Bags for the OXO Tot On The Go Potty available.
How Do You Choose The Best Portable Camping Toilets?
On the other hand, you will have to take into account the confection and the materials. It is important that the toilet is made of a strong plastic, which guarantees a long product life.
It must also be resistant, so that it can withstand adult weights. This is important in order to be able to have greater security and stability at the moment.
Weight is a fundamental factor. On it will depend the transfer and the ease of use that you have when you go camping or when you need. It is almost always a piece of equipment that is used constantly, especially by those people who suffer from some kind of physical impediment to move to the common bathrooms.
Their weight depends on the type that you are going to acquire, since there are some as light as those that have less than a kilo or there are more than 4 kilograms.
In addition, it is important to know the weight they can support for each person, this will depend on whether they are for adults or children. Among the most resistant toilets there are some that support more than 120 kilograms. On the other hand, the less robust materials support 100 kg.
No matter the efficiency of the portable toilet, you would have to empty it at some point. Some people have a solution to this issue, but what are you to do when you have no solution.
This is one of the reasons why the water closet toilet is more convenient, even though they have some special sites where they are emptied. The truth is, emptying a portable toilet, especially in the wild or on outings, can be a little bit difficult. This is because there are a lot of areas that have set restrictions on such wastes.
This is why for the best portable camping toilet we suggest of buying biodegradable sacks that are designed for the best portable toilet. These sacks make the waste easier to dispose of by turning the liquid waste into solids. If you want any portable toilet to work its wonders for you, then you should consider getting biodegradable sacks and toilet paper.
Ease of Use
How to use a portable toilet
Covering the biological needs that every human being has is a very important aspect, especially while we are traveling in family or camping. The portable toilets offer us the ideal solution for it and that is why we teach you in simple steps how to use these products correctly.
Place it in a stable location
A portable toilet is a faithful travel companion for those who travel on roads where there are no public toilets at short distances. If you wish to use this article, it is important that you place it in a flat and safe space, where the floor is stable, preventing it from moving during use.
Clean the seat
The toilet seat must be faultless before use. You can disinfect it with a low-power, non-irritating detergent that kills bacteria. Then remove the excess from the product with a paper towel or dry cloth.
Add the decomposing liquid to the reservoir.
After having disinfected the seat, it proceeds to fill the deposit where the waste arrives with the appropriate chemical. The ideal liquid to add to the tank is the blue one, since its effective formula completely decomposes the biological waste in such a way that it does not give off any bad smell.
Put the pink liquid in the cistern
Before pulling the chain to lower the waste into the tank, it is recommended that you add a special liquid beforehand to counteract the bad smells. The ideal liquid is the pink one, since it has different neutralizing and soft perfumes that avoid the propagation of odors that attract annoying insects such as flies.
Open the door and do your own thing
Once you have all of the above steps covered, you can start using the toilet. Open the toilet door completely, giving access to the article seat and secure it securely, snapping it into the base retainers to prevent accidents.
Pull the lever that connects to the cistern
After use, close the main damper again and proceed to pull the drain lever, releasing the pink liquid previously added to the tank, to better slide the waste and give a good smell to the portable cup.
Portable toilets should remain empty, as full toilets can weigh more than 20 kilograms making the emptying task more difficult. Take the cup to an authorized drainage center, uncover the attached piping it has and pour the contents into the tank with great care, using gloves that protect your hands from toxic chemicals.
Disinfect the toilet
As a final step, it removes the debris by adding two litres of water to the tank; then it constantly shakes and removes the water. Repeat this action until the water comes out clean. This will keep your toilet clean and long lasting.
Advantages of using a portable toilet
Among the main advantages of using Best Portable Camping Toilet, we can highlight the following:
– Comfort. The fact of spending a few days in a campsite does not mean that we will lose our comfort. The facilities of camping, caravans or bungalows are increasingly better equipped, but we ourselves can contribute to increase even more our comfort during the stay in this type of facilities.
For this, the use of a portable toilet for camping is essential. It guarantees us greater comfort, with the possibility of using it whenever we need to and without the inconvenience of other users.
– Intimacy. The fact that we have our own toilet in a campsite ensures greater privacy during our holidays. In this way, we should not use the shared bathrooms of the campsite. In addition, the use of a private portable toilet is always a plus in terms of hygiene.
– Easy to clean. The portable toilets for camping are very easy to clean thanks to the wide variety of chemical products available for cleaning in different formats: liquid cleaner, tablets … Using this type of cleaning products will also ensure that our camping toilet is maintained in perfect condition for longer.
– Ease of transport: The size of the portable toilets is adapted to be able to transport it without difficulties together with our travel luggage. Their weight is not excessive thanks to their lightweight materials.
– Suitable for the whole family. Having a portable toilet is very useful, especially if you are travelling with children.
– Low prices. The marketing of portable toilets for camping is increasingly widespread, which makes prices have fallen in recent years and are affordable for virtually all users of a campsite.
The different manufacturers of portable toilets opt for competitive prices that place them at the forefront of the market. If, on the other hand, you want to make a bigger investment, you can opt for the most advanced portable WC models such as ecological toilets or dry toilets.
Valuing all this, we go with our ranking with the best portable toilets for camping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Almost every portable camping toilet on the market requires that you use waste bags. That way you can easily remove the deposits. Otherwise, you’d have to clean the inside of the toilet, which can be a nasty task.
The tank is located inside the portable toilet unit beneath the toilet seat. The pump flush system creates pressure which circulates the water and/or chemicals contained within the tank through a pipe to be transported to the toilet pan.
- Pour one cup of the antifreeze into the toilet bowl.
- Flush the toilet so the antifreeze goes into the holding tank and through the pipes.
- Pour a half-cup of rock salt into the toilet and flush the crystals down into the tank.